Friday, September 05, 2008

Well, Baby Dino continues to grow right on track. My progesterone is still eerily low though considering the supplements i'm taking. It's only gone from 9.6 to 11.2 to 11.3 in the past 3 weeks. I saw the doctor today and he wants me to begin vaginal suppositories as well. 3 a day, they're each 200mg. That wouold be 1,000mg of progesterone a day which seems awfully high. I'm not sure I'm willing to go that high. The baby is holding it's own, I've had no bleeding or real problems with the pregnancy, and I'm hoping my body will start kicking in and that the placenta will start producing good amounts on its own.

I have been talking with Sean about a homebirth for quite some time. He has finally agreed to meet with a few midwives and go the homebirth route as long as the baby continues to do well and this pregnancy remains uncomplicated. I have been seeing an OB for monitoring progesterone and labs up until this point. He's known for being less interventive and will attend Vbac's (vaginal birth after ceserean). After speaking with him today and hearing my history and knowing that my previous VBAC baby was between my 2 cesereans he said "that I could not have a VBAC" So, it's imperitive that I find a midwife that I mesh well with, can trust, and that will trust that my body will do what it was made to do, and bring our child into this world safely and with minimal interventions. So, I have a midwife appt. tomorrow. I am dissapointed that out of 5 midwives I've emailed, that only one has emailed me back, luckily this one has been very professional and caring during my last miscarriage.

Without further ado, here's little baby dino measuring perfect at 9 weeks 6 days. My due date has been moved back to the original due date of April 4, 2009.

No comments: