Monday, May 08, 2006

Doctor visit update.

Not good news, not exceptionally bad either. Her labs came back., She dropped from 8.2 down to 7.8. Her body is showing signs of trying to make more blood cells though so at this time they won't transfuse. If her color starts to turn pale, or her heart starts beating faster to make up for it, showing signs of distress than they will.

She is up to 4 lbs 11 oz. Still not gaining as fast as they would like. They want me to supplement 2 feedings a day with neosure 22 calorie formula. I am not thrilled about this but I'll do what I have to do. Guess daddy can take on another night feeding! LOL. They are trying to find a way to get me some human milk fortifier to add those extra 2 calories per ounce. We'll see what they can do. She goes back for labs and another doctor visit on friday. Hopefully, there will be better news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers that her levels go up!! Love the new pics! Wow professionals already. :)

Anonymous said...

Elaina, I've been there with my supply. You keep at it. Whatever you need to do, Emma will love you for doing it. She's doing so well for her age. You can do it!