Thursday, May 25, 2006

Long Time, No post.

I know, I know. I've been bad about posting. Life has been hectic. I attended a Doula (Paid Labor assistant) workshop down in San Diego last weekend. It was 3 long, tiring, intensive days. It was interesting. I am going toward my doula certification so thi was one step closer. Emma went with me while the kids stayed home with Dad. She enjoyed every minute of all the girls wanting to her.

Speaking of Emma, She is up to 6 lbs. 1 oz! Just a tad smaller than caden was at birht (6lbs. 12 oz.). He rlabs FINALLY came back normal at 8.2. She is also working hard to make red blood cells and her labs showed that as well. No more visits to the pediatrician until her 4 month visit where she will get her 4 month vaccines.

Emma saw the eye doctor again. Still stage 2 ROP. Still praying it doesn't progress. She has another check next wednesday. Hopefully, it will be regressing. We shall see.

Other than that not a whole lot going on with her. She is acting more like a normal newborn. She likes to be awake at night. Wants to be held constantly. Wants to eat right when my hot plate of food is set down in front of me. :)

As for the other two. They're doing ok. Caden has gotten a referral to the autism clinic to evaluate him for autism. We're thinking he may be high functioning/aspergers. If not he's just brilliant, but there are some little "cadenisms" that are just a bit "off". So we'll see what happens with that.

I will try and update more regularly but with the doula gig and being a "full time" mom again with no nanny it may be a bit less often than before.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love the pics of the 3 kids together! So precious!

Glad to hear Emma is progessing. She is up to the size of a full term infant! WAHOO!!

Sorry to hear Caden may be autistic. Prayers that you get an answer and are able to work through the issues with him.

So nice to hear from you again!!!

Anonymous said...

great job on going for your LD cert! I'm assuming you're a DONA girl. :) I'm not sure if they offer it, but you'd do well to have a antepartum cert; you'd be so good at it, what with having those experiences yourself and all. I wish you much success and let me know if I can answer any questions for you! My site doesn't currently reflect my doula work anymore as I'm technically on hiatus for a break, but I'm still doing the occasional birth (one a few weeks ago and twins due in a month) and I've done it for 6 years now. :)

Good luck and glad to hear your family is doing so well!

Christy
www.mamamatters.com