Wednesday, May 10, 2006

E X H A U S T E D

It's 2:15 a.m. I've been up since 1 a.m. I woke up to Emma's angelcare monitoring alarming. I checked on her and she appeared fine and the alarm only sounded a second. I went back to sleep. About 3 minutes later it sounded again. This time it alarmed for longer. I checked her again and she was doing rapid breathing movements which is indicative that she may have had a spell and was self resolving and breathing rapidly to make up for it. I turned on the lights changed her diaper, fed her. After about 2 ounces (she's up to about 3 ounces a feeding) I went to burp her and she puked ALL over me. UGGHH. She also pooped again. So I changed her and resumed feeding her. She ate another ounce and is now back in her bed. I'm awake but exhausted. Afraid to sleep in case she stops breathing. I can't/won't wake Sean since he's sick and praying that Emma isn't getting sick and hoping that the events of the night are all just pure coincidences. So, I'm up pumping and about to try and get some rest. We'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So scary! I bet you are glad you have the monitor just in case! Prayers that Emma does not get sick. I would hate to see her back in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Yes that must be very scary. I do hope that she is not getting sick. I just love the updates with all of the pics. She really is getting big.

Love Sammi