Wednesday, June 28, 2006

She smiles!


Real life has taken over and the posts are few and far between. Life is hectic. Emma is doing well. she has one more blood draw and then we're done with those for awhile. At her last Doctor appointment (her 4 months well baby and post-op rolled into one)she weighed 8 lbs 7 oz. She HAS to be nearing 9 lbs now. She is slowly growing out of her preemie clothes and into 0-3 months. I went to pull out Lily's old clothes and found that I had either sold them or given them all away! Granted, most of them were borrowed from a good friend so I'll have to hit her up again (You know who you are).

Emma is quite the character. Like all kids she wants attention. TONS of attention. I think we may just have another drama queen in training. She is not content to sit and take in the worl. She wants to be held, talked to, walked around and in her face. Now this isn't really a problem so much as it is inconvenient at times. Like when I'm trying to clean. Just don't ask to stop by.

Most nights she only wakes up once a night and goes right back to sleep. Those nights are GREAT. She eats about 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours. I fully weaned her (due to medical reasons). She seems to do okay on the formula but she was prescribed zantaz for reflux. She spits up ALOT.

The biggest news is Emma has begun to smile. I'm not talking little grimace gas smiles. I'm talking open mouthed, toothless, grins from ear to ear. Gotta love it. They are few and far between but they just make me melt when she does it. Oh, and she has now fallen victim to mommy's bow fetish (I'm sorry sweetie, but they're cute!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the smile! She really is getting big Elaina! Glad the bw is coming to an end. Time to relax and enjoy her. :)

Anonymous said...

That smile is priceless! Love it!

wheezeybouncer said...

She's bloomin' and bloomin' gorgeous too!

love, geina xx

Tara said...

Adorable