Friday, September 22, 2006

Life is like a box of chocolates...

First I'll give the new on Emma. She had two REALLY great days with the reflux, she didn't really spit up, was happy, slept more, etc. Then...a turn for the worst the last 3 days have been hell. Yesterday it took her an hour to eat a bottle at the mall and about an hour later she spewed it all over me and thr ground. It was a large amount. She was also quite irritable. when we got home she would take 2 ounce here and there, nothing major and was CRANKY. Last night she only woke up twice which is GREAT but when she woke up for the day I could tell she was in pain and I gave her a bottle burped her. she seemed ok. about 5 minutes later she threw up the entire thing. I don't think that amount coming up can even be considered "spit up" She is also on her new meds and while I think sometimes they are helping, I also think they're not seeing as she's still cranky, still spewing, and still not acting "happy". If she's still like this on monday I'll put a call into her g.i. and her ped for a weight check. On a good note she has been discharged from occuptaional therapy because 1) It's hard for me to get there will lily as well and workin around everyone else appointments. 2) She has shown me what I need to do to work with her. 3) She just about on par for her adjusted age. YAY

Onto me. I've had migraine type headaches which are progressively getting worse and lasting longer. They are not touched by anything over the counter and even some prescription things they've tried Midrin, tylenol with codiene, Maxult, and Both a shot of toradal and oral pills have not really touched them. The last one lasted 4 days. I cannot function when I get them and have had to have Sean come home from work. So after this last trial with the maxult and the toradol my doctor felt she should send me to the nuerologist.

So my appointment was today. I was fully expecting her to say they were just migraines and not anything else. After getting my history and complaints she said "Well, sounds like classic migraines" but let me check you out anyways. She made me walk acros the room and back, then do the same thing heel to toe (I had balance issues, not horrible but not great. I don't think I could pass a sobriety test) Made me close my eyes and she touched both feet with this vibrating thing. On the left foot I felt it on the right foot I thought I *might* have felt it but wasn't sure. Turns out I told her that I felt it about 10 seconds after she took it off my foot..Hmm. So I climbed up on the bed thing they have in doctors offices and she had me turn towards her she checked my eyes for dilation with the light. My left eye dilated far more than my right, so she checked again and the same thing. She had me open my mouth and wiggle my tongue back and forth. That was in working order. She di a bunch of pull here, don't leet me push you her, don't let me full you here. My left side has great reflexes. My right side is not up to par with the left and is "concernable".

Diagnosis: Unknown, hopefully just migraines and she would not discuss further. She wanted an MRI ordered because of the localized left frontal headaches and the reflex issues on my right side (The left side of the brain controls the right side of the body), as well of the over dilated left pupil. I asked her what all this could mean and she said that after my MRI that she would either call me for a phone follow-up or call me to come in for my follow-up. In the meantime she prescribed amergen to hopefully help if another headache comes on. It can take up to 6 weeks to get in for the mri, however she said she will put urgent on it and it should be more like a week or two. But I shouldn't hold my breath since radiology is busy. My other option is if it gets that bad again go to the E.R. Tell them I am being seen by a nuerologist, and am waiting on an MRI and they should be able to do it then and there. I personally refuse to believe it's anything else other than migraines, but none the less she was concerned which has me concerned and I will be until I have the mri and get the results. Hopefully.

Prayers and Good Thoughts appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you on the headaches and Emma on spitting up!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Emma getting sick again. And, I will pray for a good MRI for you too. Please let us know when you can.