Emma: We didn't end up making it back thehospital after my last update again. We both wanted to, but I haven't been sleeping and Sean has been really worried abotu me, so instead we stayed home. More on me later though. I called the NICU while pumping at 1 a.m. Emma was doing well. Her o2 was down to only 24%. No real changes otherwise. Her hemocrit (blood) levels came back on the low side from ll the blood they've had to take from her for tests so they ordered another blood transfusion of 10 cc's to be given sometime during the night. I'm sure she's had it by now. I need to call and get updated so I'll know what's going on before I head over there today. Hopefullly she'll out from under the bililights. That will be so exciting. Then her "sunglasses" can come off and we might be able to catch her with her eyes open.
Me: My incision started oozing late last night. I am on the phone with the Kaiser Nurse Advice Line as I type this. Or rather, i'm on hold with them. If they sy it's not urgent than I may just keep the appointment that I aleady had scheduled for today as a routine "prenatal appointment". I guess she can just see me for something else (the oozing incision). Maybe I can get refill for more pain mesd since I have a feeling I may need them awhile longer. Hope all goes well and it's nothing serous and can be trated easily.
Well, that's it for now. I'll have more to report once I go see her and get some more pictures. My mom has been keeping caden the past 2 nightws to make things easier. she has offered to keep him another night, but I think while I'm out there beng seen we might just pick him up. I miss him It does make it harder to go visit Emma though, but we eventually have to start leading a somewhat normal "life" whether we want to or not. we can't keep up ike we are right now for the next few months. It wouldn't be good for anyone, but it is going to take some slow adjusting.
I will give another update if anything changes or If I have more pictures.